Why is it so difficult to figure out how best to represent yourself online? All I need is an online portfolio and resume. It shouldn’t be difficult but it is! What color scheme do I use? What styling is appropriate? Will this be professional looking and still represent my personality? Or does it just scream, “I think I’m edgy but I get all my jokes from Family Guy”?
But really, how do I design something that says:
- I went to college and I am experienced in web development and project management.
- I have traveled and experienced different cultures.
- I have performed in front of crowds ranging in size from 1 to 20,000.
- I like long walks on the beach and quiet nights by the fire.
- (OK, not that last one. At all.)
The only reason I’m doing this is so I can show the world that I am a cultured and well-rounded individual who is worthy of working with your company. I’m pretty sure I have the experience to prove it. But maybe I’m not if I can’t figure out which fonts say “easy-going yet classy”.
I should just stick to doing this for other people because, apparently, I can’t do this for myself!